Full Time Custodian III
Full Time Custodian III work in FVCC’s NEW Wachholz College Center! Friday - Monday, 3 pm to 1 am • 39 paid leave days per year • Free tuition for employee & two dependents • State Retirement & Employer match up to 7% for 403(b) • Medical/Vision, Dental, Life/ AD&D, LTD - Generous employer contribution for premiums
The Custodian III is responsible for cleaning and light maintenance of college facilities.
- Cleans offices, classrooms, restrooms and other areas; stocks and refills dispensers; empties trash.
- Monitors and maintains college equipment, furniture and buildings.
- Arranges proper room compilation for the various environments and events as directed
- Performs hard floor maintenance including cleaning, stripping, waxing
- Performs carpet care including shampooing and vacuuming
- Replaces light bulbs or other fixture items
- Moves furniture, equipment or fixtures.
- Delivers supplies and stocks area with appropriate supplies
- Locks and unlocks buildings
- Reports malfunctions of fixtures, damages, safety and/or security concerns, accidents, injuries or illness to supervisor
- Provides college campus security and campus safety services.
- Performs snow and ice removal from designated areas
- Performs other duties as assigned to function as successful member of the Custodial Services team
- Reports to the Custodial Supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in commercial cleaning
- Knowledge and skill in using cleaning equipment, products, techniques and standards.
- Ability to read and follow directions
- Ability to meet a high standard of safety and health code regulations
- Ability to safely and efficiently perform all required duties of the position including, but not limited to, operating large machines such as strippers, shampooers, waxers; working on various length ladders; and working with strong chemicals
- Working knowledge of custodial procedures and equipment and ability to identify safety problems
- Ability and willingness to serve as a representative for the College by interacting appropriately with the public, students, potential students and College community
- Ability and willingness to provide quality customer service
- Ability to work within policies and procedures of FVCC
- Ability to maintain effective and positive professional relationships with staff, students, and public
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical screen
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Ability to respond in the event of an emergency
- This is a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move