Full Time Custodian III work in FVCC’s NEW Wachholz College Center! Friday - Monday, 3 pm to 1 am • 39 paid leave days per year • Free tuition for employee & two dependents • State Retirement & Employer match up to 7% for 403(b) • Medical/Vision, Dental, Life/ AD&D, LTD - Generous employer contribution for premiums
Visit https://hr.fvcc.edu/job-openings/ To view jobs, benefits, and to apply online. EOE/AA
The Custodian III is responsible for cleaning and light maintenance of college facilities.
- Cleans offices, classrooms, restrooms and other areas; stocks and refills dispensers; empties trash.
- Monitors and maintains college equipment, furniture and buildings.
- Arranges proper room compilation for the various environments and events as directed
- Performs hard floor maintenance including cleaning, stripping, waxing
- Performs carpet care including shampooing and vacuuming
- Replaces light bulbs or other fixture items
- Moves furniture, equipment or fixtures.
- Delivers supplies and stocks area with appropriate supplies
- Locks and unlocks buildings
- Reports malfunctions of fixtures, damages, safety and/or security concerns, accidents, injuries or illness to supervisor
- Provides college campus security and campus safety services.
- Performs snow and ice removal from designated areas
- Performs other duties as assigned to function as successful member of the Custodial Services team
- Reports to the Custodial Supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in commercial cleaning
- Knowledge and skill in using cleaning equipment, products, techniques and standards.
- Ability to read and follow directions
- Ability to meet a high standard of safety and health code regulations
- Ability to safely and efficiently perform all required duties of the position including, but not limited to, operating large machines such as strippers, shampooers, waxers; working on various length ladders; and working with strong chemicals
- Working knowledge of custodial procedures and equipment and ability to identify safety problems
- Ability and willingness to serve as a representative for the College by interacting appropriately with the public, students, potential students and College community
- Ability and willingness to provide quality customer service
- Ability to work within policies and procedures of FVCC
- Ability to maintain effective and positive professional relationships with staff, students, and public
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical screen
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Ability to respond in the event of an emergency
- This is a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.