Administrative Specialist, Custodian III, Payroll/Benefits Generalist, Vice President/CFO
- Administrative Specialist
- Custodian III Payroll/Benefits Generalist
- Vice President/CFO
Excellent benefits include paid leave, insurance, free tuition, retirement Visit https://www.fvcc.edu/about/careers-at-fvcc to view jobs & apply online. EEO/AA
This position provides quality and professional customer service, financial and administrative support, and information for Business Services questions and procedures.
- Partners with students as their primary resource contact for payments; counsels students on business services related matters; responds to and resolves related questions, problems, and general inquiries with quality customer service skills.
- Conveys positive and welcoming messaging, and efficient and accurate responses to ensure excellent customer service standards.
- Provides information to students regarding payment options to further secure accessibility and attendance opportunities.
- Performs accurate data input into information system to establish and update student records; maintains files and reports; updates information according to policy and regulations, and maintains confidential records.
- Balances and closes out cash daily, and prepares appropriate reports for review.
- Prepares daily cash deposits for the College and the Wachholtz Center. Responsible for submitting weekly change requests to Bank.
- Works closely and cooperatively with campus departments, faculty, and staff on program fiscal matters, academic calendar dates, deadlines, and other business related compliance matters.
- Participates actively and with initiative in continuous improvement efforts, including capitalizing on technical solutions to provide efficient and quality services.
- Establishes and initiates effective and timely communications to assure sharing of information.
- Cross trains to perform other departmental and team functions; backfills for staff as needed.
- Works with outside state and local agencies to reconcile cash collection and student account issues.
- Performs other duties as necessary to function as a successful member of the Business Services team.
- Reports to the Account Analyst.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience; OR
- High School degree or equivalent AND four years of related experience.
- Associate’s degree and two years of related experience.
- Ability and willingness to serve as a representative for the College by interacting appropriately with the public, students, potential students, and College community.
- Ability and willingness to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to be adaptive in a continuously changing and fast paced environment.
- Skill and ability to operate a variety of computer applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office and information systems.
- Skill and ability with general office practices and procedures.
- Ability to work within policies and procedures of FVCC.
- Ability to maintain effective and positive professional relationships with staff, students, and public.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and be FERPA compliant.
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to respond in the event of an emergency.
- This is a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move objects
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.