Columbia Falls SD#6 is accepting applications for a Music Teacher at Ruder Elementary. Please call 406.892.6550 x 1421 for information or visit our website to apply at www.cfmtschools.net
- Plans and develops course of music suitable for grade levels 1-5 following curriculum guidelines of District and state requirements.
- Develops and presents specific lesson plans, using a variety of means.
- Maintain order in the classroom and administers discipline when necessary to achieve proper behavior. May prescribe extra assignments, detention or loss of playground privileges in cases of student misconduct.
- Shares with other teachers and aides lunchroom duties and responsibility for monitoring halls and recess periods.
- Consults with other professionals, where there appears to be evidence of learning disabilities or problems of social adjustment.
- Reports cases of suspected child abuse according to state law.
- Complies with Board policies, rules, regulations, and directives.
- Participates in faculty meetings, educational conferences, professional training seminars and workshops.
- Supervises classroom aides and volunteers.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be appropriately licensed and endorsed in accordance with state statutes and Board of Public Education rules.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability of effectively present information and respond to questions from students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and the community.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employment and student matters.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
A variety of musical devices, as well as basic office equipment, copiers, calculators, personal computers, telephone/voicemail, fax.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works inside, but some duties will be performed outside, including recess, etc. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee frequently will work irregular or extended hours while performing the duties of this job. The employee is directly responsible for safety and well-being of students.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk and stand; twist at the neck and waist; kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to be able to hear conversations in quiet environments. May be required to life or move up to 20 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely performs routine work. The employee frequently exercises flexibility (ability to shift from one task to another). Guidance and reinforcement are infrequently available. The employee frequently works within time constraints and maintains attentiveness intensity. The employee frequently involved in social interactions which require oral and written communications.
The physical demands, work-environment characteristics, and mental/motor demands described within this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.